One of the first things that you will notice about lepidolite, is that it has a very different ‘feel’ to it. Even when polished, it still has this kind of grainy property that is unusual. It is also unique in its coloring – purple is not a very common crystal color. While we are used to seeing the dark rich purple of amethyst, lepidolite is more of a lavender color. It is this dreamy lavender color that makes it instantly appealing to me.
Lepidolite is a type of silicate – specifically it’s a phyllosilicate in the mica group of crystals. The name lepidolite comes from the Greek words meaning “Scale” and “Stone.” “Scale” referring to the scale-like layers in which natural lepidolite occurs as one would expect being in the mica group. When you come across lepidolite, most likely you will find it heavily impregnated with quartz which will cause the white flecks and speckles throughout it. Lepidolite is most known for containing lithium and is associated with easing sadness and anxiety. The pinkish/purple color is due to manganese and quartz which also adds white to the crystal.
Hardness: Mohs 2.5 to 3.5 (in natural occurring form)
Location: Brazil, Africa, Greenland, US
Chakra: Throat, third eye, crown
What Metaphysical Properties does it possess?
- Mood stabilization
- Relieves sadness and anxiety
- EMF protection
- Stress reduction
- Overcome insomnia
How do you Use Lepidolite?
To create emotional stability and dispel negativity:
- Wear lepidolite as jewelry – such as a bracelet or pendant
- Keep tumbled lepidolite with you in your handbag or person – such as your pocket
- Place larger places near you while working, such as lepidolite pyramids, spheres or skulls
- Hold a lepidolite tumble while meditating
- Wear lepidolite as jewelry – such as bracelet or pendant
- Keep larger pieces such as pyramids or spheres near your computer
- Place tumbles in a small bag and place under your pillow
- Place a larger piece, such as a pyramid or sphere on your nightstand
When people are new to crystals, I always recommend picking a crystal that you are drawn to rather than seeking information from others on what crystals you should be using. If you are drawn to this crystal it is your higher self-directing you to what you need most. Follow your instincts and incorporate crystals into your life to assist you on your healing journey. I was drawn to this crystal very early during my crystal adventures. It has helped create emotional stability at a time when I needed it the most.
In love, light and gratitude,