Mesmerizing, intriguing, fascinating – what crystal are we talking about here? That could probably describe a lot of crystals if you are a fellow crystalholic – lol! But this week we are focusing on the mesmerizing Tiger’s Eye! Most of us are most familiar with the brown/golden tiger’s eye – but did you know that Tiger’s eye actually comes in a variety of colors? Yes, this little lovely stone with its dimensional shimmers that take us on a fantasy ride within its patterns comes in blue and red as well! So, let’s take a closer look at this little gem.
What you will find most remarkable about Tiger’s Eye is the way that it shimmers when you move it. The term used to describe this unique feature is called “chatoyancy” also known as “cat’s eye effect”. Light is reflected within this stone causing them to exhibit an effect that resembles cats eyes. Tiger’s eye is a quartz where the tiny fibers of the mineral crocidolite found were wrapped with little columns of quartz causing this shimmery effect through years of cracking and sealing.
Mohs: Hardness 7
Location: Mostly mined in South Africa and western Australia, US, India and Burma
Chakra: Solar plexus as well as root and sacral
What metaphysical properties does it possess?
Tiger’s eye serves multiple functions, let’s take a look at a few of these:
- It can assist with healing self-worth and self-criticism
- It is both grounding and protecting – serving to ward off negative energy and others’ ill will
- Increase vitality and ability to persevere
- Enhance psychic abilities
- Assist with creativity
Blue Tiger’s Eye
- Blue Tiger’s Eye has the additional properties of assisting with reducing stress, anxiety as well as managing a quick temper
Red Tiger’s Eye
- Red Tiger’s Eye can increase motivation and drive as well as stimulating Kundalini energy
How do you use Tiger’s Eye?
There are a few different ways to incorporate Tiger’s eye into your life. Let’s take a look at a few options:
To assist with healing self-worth and self-criticism or enhancing psychic abilities:
- Try meditating with a piece by holding a tumble
For all healing properties:
- Wear as a piece of jewelry – such as a bracelet, pendant, ring or earrings
- Carry a small tumble with you – in your pocket or handbag
Additionally, for any creative projects, place a piece in your workspace – such as a sphere, pyramid or pillar.
Tiger’s eye has always been a stone that has made me felt empowered. By reducing any lack of self-worth and self-criticism and simultaneously increasing our physical strength while grounding and protecting – it is truly a powerhouse that I think is extremely important for everyone to incorporate to allow us to create the life that we want to create!
In love, light and gratitude,